Instagram Themes

Instagram Themes

Instagram Themes are apparently a ‘thing’. I’m either totally behind on the concept or it isn’t a trend many people are following.

When I say ‘Instagram Theme’ I mean a series of photos that either all have the same edit or are all related to one topic.

Someone I think does an Instagram Theme exceptionally well is Dana from The Wonder Forest

What makes a popular Instagram Theme

Her photos all have the same white theme and any colour used is often desaturated looking to make the white stand out even more. I completely adore what she’s done with her Instagram but I can imagine this takes a lot of time to maintain. I can also see why she has so many followers. It’s just more appealing to look at when everything fits so nicely together.

Tanya Burr has also spoken about her Instagram Theme recently and talked about how she likes the desaturated look but doesn’t do much more editing to her photos than that.

As for my Instagram I haven’t really given it much thought.Yes it looks great but to constantly edit and shoot your photos the same way must be quite hard to upkeep. I quite like my set-up shots mixed in with daily life photos and pictures out with friends. I think it just makes you more relatable too when your shots are of real life.

What are your thoughts on Instagram themes? Are you sticking to one at the moment or thinking of trying one out?

Instagram | Bloglovin’ | Twitter

Share:

12 Comments

1. April 3, 2015 / 7:09 pm

I always think Instagram themes look really nice, but at the same time I think they would limit you so, so much, I just don't know how to approach Instagram to be honest, I want to start using it a LOT more, but themes and everything make it difficult :') x

2. April 4, 2015 / 3:42 pm

I love the look of Instagram 'themes', I just love the uniformity it gives, very cute!x

Blushhx

3. April 7, 2015 / 11:05 am

I think they definitely make an account look really dreamy and gorgeous, however… I definitely don't have time to plan that far ahead and keep it all in the same theme. I just about manage to post a normal in focus shot 😉

Elle
    xx

4. April 8, 2015 / 6:31 pm

I think some Instagram themes work really well but not hipster-y ones where people keep the gridlines on their photos! It would be so much effort though and could restrict what you can and can't post to fit with your theme.

Holly Olivia x

5. September 19, 2015 / 1:24 pm

I agree with you- I think it looks lovely and I understand why people love them, but personally I just would never be able to stick to it! I prefer more personal instagrams and I think themed accounts lose that sense of personality- unless they're REALLY well done!

Sian xx Cakey Dreamer

6. March 1, 2016 / 6:12 pm

I've just revamped my Instagram theme and gone for a more darker urban look for my blog. I love it when an Instagram account has a theme and think it looks so much better when you look at all the pics together.

Nazira | Love Hijab Girl | Bloglovin

7. April 15, 2016 / 5:21 pm

I have recently been trying out an Instagram theme. I really love purple undertones because I think they have a cool & a warm temperature. Even as a very young girl, I was always drawn to the paintings with purple undertones. So that's what I'm going with right now. I think a theme is a really good when you are trying to build your following, because I will usually skim through a feed & if from afar it looks pretty or engaging, I will follow it. I have been getting more followers since trying a uniformed look. Just find what works for you & run with it. 🙂 Now, I'm going to go follow you!

Kate

8. June 22, 2016 / 12:03 am

Love posts on this topic atm! I wrote one about why I'm avoiding a theme for now and whilst I LOVE the look of a theme on another bloggers account I just don't think it suits me – I want to be able to post whatever I want when I want haha! Really enjoyed reading this! xx