I am currently absolutely, positively skint! Damn you car insurance! I am THE best when it comes to spending money, but I’m also pretty good at saving a penny too. I thought I would share my top tips with you on how to save some money on your food, beauty and fashion shopping.
1. Farm Foods is pretty damn amazing! I normally try and do all of my food shopping there if I can. There are also vouchers available online direct from their website to use in store. Click here to download your vouchers. The voucher I mainly use is £5 off a £50 shop. I normally do this once a month which means I’m saving £60 a year on my food shop.
2. When I need a few extra items I try and shop at Tesco. I have a tesco clubcard so any purchases made in store turn into points. I also try and always get my Petrol from a Tesco station as well to try and build up my points quicker. The great thing about Tesco clubcard points is that you can turn your vouchers earned into days out and meal vouchers. For example for a £2.50 clubcard voucher you can exchange it for a £10 meal voucher for Bella Italia! To sign up for a Tesco clubcard click here.
1. If you’re a student make the most of the NUS Extra Card. It does cost £12 but you can save a fortune with it. From 10% off at most high street stores, to a free cheeseburger or mcflurry at Mc Donalds when you buy a meal. The NUS Extra Card is definitely worth investing in.
1. If there isn’t a promotion running in store I normally buy my clothes online. I always make sure my spend comes to the amount required for free delivery and then I send the items back that I do not want. That way I never pay for delivery for clothing.
2. I always google search for any relevant and recent discount codes. So if I’m about to make a New Look purchase online I will always search ‘New Look discount codes March 2015’ for anything I can use for that month.
3. This 18 digit code will work on pretty much any website that accepts student cards for the same value off as NUS student discount – ‘4659812495768921’. But let’s keep that our little secret.
To be honest unless it’s Primark I refuse to buy clothing at their full price.
1. I normally try and get all my beauty essentials from Boots. If you aren’t a member of their loyalty scheme then sign up here. You accumulate points for every £1 you spend in store. I find that my Boots points add up very quickly and these can then be used to purchase items in store. So if you have 800 points you can get something valued at £8. That’s a free Essie nail varnish!
Do you have any money saving tips? What’s your savvy shopping secret?