Forever Changing My Blog

Once again I wasn’t satisfied with how my blog was looking and decided to do even more edits to it yesterday. I’m much happier with the layout now and the colour scheme. I think it all fits into place a little bit better but I feel there is still something missing.

Do you ever find yourself constantly changing small / large things on your blog? I literally never know when to draw the line and when to be content with how it looks. I’m not a professional so feel my blog lacks that professional sleek edge that you see on all the top blogs.

I’m self taught in graphic design and coding so it still looks pretty amateur to me but I’m hoping that the more I work at it the better it will become naturally. I can’t afford to spend hundreds of pounds for someone to revamp my layout… sadly!

I always feel like my blog is missing something but I just can’t ever put my finger on what.

The thing I feel that lets my blog down the most is my photography. I seriously need to invest in a camera to take my snaps on. Currently I am using my Samsung Galaxy phone but the quality is no where near good enough if I want to step up my blog game this year.

What do you like or dislike about the latest blog layout edit? Please let me know honest opinions so I can work on my blogging game even more. All comments are really appreciated!

Instagram | Bloglovin’ | Twitter

Share:

11 Comments

1. Amanda Moss
    January 6, 2015 / 6:56 pm

I love the new look, it looks very professional to me! I'm completely useless at coding and all that stuff, have you done a tutorial or anything on it? I'd love to see that. xx

• January 6, 2015 / 7:11 pm

I have a few tutorials here and I write a new tutorial every Friday as part of my Blogger Tips & Tricks series

2. January 6, 2015 / 9:41 pm

I love the layout,I have the same problem with my blog. :/

3. January 6, 2015 / 10:06 pm

It's missing a picture of me 🙂

4. January 6, 2015 / 11:54 pm

I love the new look! I think the colors are great. I think most bloggers spend their time tweaking pieces of design. If they don't, I want to know what their secrets are!

xx Amanda | teatimetails.com

5. January 7, 2015 / 12:11 am

I think it looks fab Neesha!! Love the colour scheme xx

Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

6. January 7, 2015 / 10:27 am

I LOVE the new look! 😀 and I know exactly what you mean about never being happy with it. I was very content with my design for about 3 months and then I noticed a couple of things that would work better if they were changed, and suddenly that's all I could see!

But I think that's half the fun 🙂 I don't know fi I could ever pay someone £300+ to do a whole custom design for me, cos I know that within a few months I'd want to change stuff again. So for now, I've bought pre-made designs and then customised them myself slightly, so they're not COMPELTELY cookie-cutter 🙂 xx

Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

7. January 9, 2015 / 12:32 am

I think your blog looks great! I'm in the middle of giving my page a bit of a makeover but I'm not at all talented enough so I've asked someone to help me out 🙂 I love the sticky navigation bar at the top – I find them so helpful!

Bethan | Thought from Beth x