Tonight is Ladies’ night and when I get together with the girls it always means one thing! Bottle of wine and the latest horror movie!
I’ve seen my fair share of horror films now and have picked my top 6 for you to see.
These films are in no particular order. They are all equally my favourite.
1. Oculus -The only way I can describe this film is that it is a total mind fuck! The film is based around a ‘haunted’ or ‘possessed’ mirror, we never really find much out about it except that everyone of it’s owners has mysteriously died. This is a film with no direct story line and everything you see and hear challenges your perception of what is real and not. Not too jumpy or gory but the perfect film to have you thinking at the end of the night – ‘What the fuck did I just watch!?’
2. Sinister – Completely and utterly fucked up from beginning to end. This film left me gripping a pillow in front of my face and begging for it to be over. It’s gruesomely horrific and true to it’s title. I don’t want to give too much away but a film that focuses on families where every family member is brutally murdered and the youngest child vanishes.. that shit is scary!
3. Unborn – To be honest I don’t really remember too much about the film. This was another movie I spent with a pillow in front on my face and peering around the edges of it. There is one particular scene in the film that still haunts me. I will never look at someone doing a crab the same way again.. Let’s just put it that way.
4. Insidious – Insidious 2 is also out and you definitely need to have seen the first one to truly understand the second film. The two films tie in so well together and leave you going ‘Oh.. Now I get it’. I screamed from start to finish. An expertly done jumpy film with an eery beyond the grave story line.
5. The Conjuring – Although the film was extremely jumpy from beginning to end it didn’t live up to the hype surrounding the film. I was kind of expecting more. But it’s still definitely up there with some of the scariest current films. A family is being haunted and they call in the experts to help them out. But this is something even the expert couple are not prepared for. There is also the film ‘Annabelle’ coming out this year which links to the conjuring so definitely give it a watch before seeing the latest release.
6. Orphan – Last but certainly not least this is one of those films that you really need to pay attention to the small details to unearth the true story. It has a twist right at the end that I did not see coming! This is what makes this film one of my absolute favourites. The young actress in it I thought was phenomenal as she deals with some very mature content. Not overly jumpy but very dark and twisted film. Those are my absolute favourites!
So there you have it. My Top 6 Scary Movies! If you have any suggestions on films that me and the girls can watch another night I would love to hear them. Just leave me a comment ♥